PIANO PERFORMANCE PROGRAM
Dr. Stefano Miceli
The purpose of the PIANO PERFORMANCE PROGRAM with a major in performance and specialization in piano is:
- to provide students with the tools necessary to develop their technique and musicianship through the study and performance of music from various periods and genres;
- to familiarize students with various aspects of being a musician/performer;
- to increase students’ preparedness to apply upon graduation for continued study in graduate performance degrees at the highest quality institutions and to help especially gifted students prepare for immediate entry upon graduation into the professional arena;
- to encourage students to investigate an expanded array of professional opportunities in the field of music;
- to prepare students for professional careers in music through participation in performances, lectures/master classes, national and international competitions, and cultural exchanges.
- One daily lesson is required.